Allen-Bradley Output Card

R

RMitchell

I have a machine made in Sweden and it had a remote SLC rack with output cards that are like our 1746-OA16 Triac cards but it also says octal on the front. It is missing the #8 and 9 outputs, and has a #16 and 17 output, and that is the way it is called out in the logic. The #0 output is bad; it is just an alarm and machine still runs fine. I am afraid that if I install one of my cards it will fault the rack since it doesn't match the I/O in the program.

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

I
Hi RMitchel,

Can you elaborate more :

1. Do you have PLC General arrangements diagram? please share.

2. You said this is SLC remote IO, What type of the CPU being used? PLC-5 or SLC -5?

3. What type of remote IO adapter used on the remote IO chassis ? RIO or controlnet or other?

4. You said that the octal is used for both of DO channel indicator ID and IO channel addressing at programming software, based on that I guess you are using PLC-5 as a CPU, please confirm?

5. What is the actual type of DO module installed on remote IO chassis?

You said that physically the module looks like 1746-OA16? If you are going to replace installed module with similar type of module then should be no problem. You can check the actual module type installed at remote chassis using RSLinx Classic.

Best regards
Ikhtiander

B

Bob Peterson

The 1746 I/O cards came with insert labels that could be used with PLC5 addressing (octal) or SLC addressing (decimal). The appropriate insert was installed depending on what type of addressing was going to be used.

--
Bob
http://ilbob.blogspot.com/