Restoring a PLC Program

H

hadi

I have a big forging machine end stored for along time before installation. the PLC loss program & parameter. can any one restore the program and if is not what the solution?

I look for reply ASAP to go to the next step as your suggestion.

Regards
hadisalih
Email address [email protected]

Anyone who codes PLC software will/should have a least one backup of it. If a machine has been stored and the Software is not stored in non-volatile memory (in battery backup memory), then it is quite possible the battery has been disconnected or discharged sufficiently to lose memory content.

The simple answer is to acquire the most recent backup and download, or if not available re-write the code again.

You don't say what brand and model the PLC is.

On 2 occasions I have found logic that was thought lost in the 'Flash/PROM' memory of GE PLCs. The developer stored to Flash (PROM) but neglected to set the processor to update RAM from Flash at start up, which is all that was needed to recover the logic.

You don't say what brand and model the PLC is.

On 2 occasions I have found logic that was thought lost in the 'Flash/PROM' memory of GE PLCs. The developer stored to Flash (PROM) but neglected to set the processor to update RAM from Flash at start up, which is all that was needed to recover the logic.
I have 1 PLC master k 120s. Can you guide me how to restore the ladder program from PROM memory? Thank you !