Cascade PID control in Baileys DCS system

P

pdsdownunder

Hi All
I have just started at a new site and have been asked to create a cascade PID loop for a tailings pump system. Unfortunately they still using the old Infi 90 Baileys system and although I can find my way round the code I am not that familiar in coding it when required.

I just need an example of a cascade PID control loop in Composer layout so that I could reference it in developing my own code. It's a simple site so they don't have any examples in their current system to reference.

Thanks in advance

pdsdownunder

S

StrangerOnTheInternet

Two station blocks and 2 PIDs. I don't have the macro memorized, so I can't help beyond that at the moment. I might have time to check DBDOC on Wednesday.

The mode tracking is tricky.

Even though Bailey was termed NotWork90, it did have an impact on more modern systems like DeltaV. I know of a few sites that still use it in conjunction with 800xA and S800/S900 I/O as their primary control system.

I
Hi pdsdownunder,
I have several example of cascade PID loop for Bailey INFI90 built on
Composer and manual as well, please share your e-mail address so I will be able to send the mentioned documents to you.

P

pdsdownunder

Thanks Mate!!

I was able to get an example from Bailey documentation on the web so all good

Regards
PDS

P

pdsdownunder

That great...I did get an example but it didn't have switch configuration between the two PIDs so its not very helpful.

my email is [email protected]

Much appreciated..thanks so much.

PDS

P

pdsdownunder

Hi Mate
You mentioned the tracking is tricky and the example I have hasn't helped, I was wondering if you could check your DBDocs and see if you had a sound cascade loop as an example to send me

Much appriciated

PDS