modbus elop II

L

luis rojas

Hi,
Please I need to convert data of variables in programming HIMA ELOP II. The requirement that refers to convert data variables Modbus process to data from a captured for free Tecnologia-based SCADA system.

It is possible to obtain a direct conversion chart?

Modbus is a protocol, a set of rules for transferring/exchanging data words between a Modbus master/client and Modbus slave/server.

Modbus is not responsbile for data conversion. Although some Modbus slaves offer identical data values in multiple formats, for instance, integer, 32 bit long integer and 32 bit floating point, it's the same data value in different formats. It's not data conversion.

Data conversion is needs to be done by a firmware/software application that uses data transferred via Modbus.

Are you aware of the fairly comprehensive Modbus manual for the HIMA Elop II here:
http://www.hima.com/_Download/_Download_Kundenwelt/HIMatrix/Kommunikation/HI_800_003_CEA.pdf

If you asking whether this HIMA device can communicate via Modbus to a SCADA system, I would venture a yes answer. It appears that both Modbus master and Modbus slave functionality are available.

L
David thank you very much.

I understand your answer and try to explain again. Currently there is a control system programmed in elpop II and is communicating with SCADA OPC. I want to read directly from another SCADA data from existing process variables. I require a way to extract a table with a base of data from the PLC using Modbus to communicate directly to the new removed and so do not use a server with HIMS OPC.

I appreciate your help

J

Jerry Miille

Luis,

I am not clear on exactly you need to do. It would help us all if you will tell us which devices are Modbus Masters and which are Modbus Slaves:

Elop II slave or master
SCADA OPC slave or master
New SCADA slave or master

Current baud rate

Thanks,
Jerry Miille