Troubleshooting with Circuit Diagram

W

WillyBlackson

I'm two years old in gas turbine plant as an electrical maintenance engineer, but my major challenge remains troubleshooting with diagrams and interpreting it. I need a volunteer who can teach me this within just one month, at least to understand the fundamental rudiments of it then I will improve on it. I don't mind traveling from Nigeria as I will use my leave period. Better still if their is an online material or tutorial on this kindly provide me with the links.

Thanks a lot.

WillyBlackson,

It's presumed you are having difficulty understanding and interpreting circuit diagrams drawn using relay ladder diagram description.?.?.? NO (Normally Open) and NC (Normally Closed) contacts in series and/or parallel configuration?

This is very difficult for many people--including engineers. Understanding and interpreting ("reading") relay ladder diagrams can be likened to learning another language, because it's very similar. The hardest thing to understand is, "When is the contact on the drawing open and when is it closed?"

There have actually been LOTS of threads on control.com about NO and NC contacts and how to interpret them. control.com has a cleverly hidden 'Search' field on the far right of the Menu bar at the top of every control.com page. (It's suggested to use the Search Help because the syntax is not intuitive--but the function returns results very fast).

Hope this helps get you started. There are many resources on the World Wide Web for learning and understanding relay ladder "circuit" diagrams (again--I'm presuming this is what you're asking about). And, the subject has been covered many times on control.com in the past, and by using the 'Search' feature you can find lost of results which should also help you in your drive to learn and understand circuit diagrams.