EX2000 Intermittent "Loss of Communication", No Alarms on Mark6e

We have a Mark5 to 6e migration with Arcnet to EX2000 and single LCI (Windows 7 HMIs do not have Arcnet.) The plant has been down for scheduled maintenance. After powering up the EX2Ks and LCI we noticed that both GT EX2000 OC displays are occasionally flashing 'Loss of Communication'. The Mark6e does not detect any problems. It shows the C Core Arcnet is OK, no alarms or diagnostics. The Steam Turbine EX2K is fine so I question the common link between the 2 GTs, which is the LCI, however, the LCI display is fine.

We've checked all the terminations for tightness and the OC Arcnet cards are active.

I've rebuilt an old Mark5 HMI (Windows XP and PCI Arcnet card) but it's not working properly. The Arcnet card is installed with drivers but 'Arcwho' is not available. I think Arcwho is part of the TCI, or turbine control software, but that software does not start up properly on (this old) standalone, not connected, HMI.

Are there tools (maybe from 3rd party vendors) I can get like Arcwho that I can run on an old Windows XP with an Arcnet card?

Any other tips will be appreciated.

B
We were able to rebuild an old HMI that had an Arcnet card and the arcwho tool.

We connected it into the circuit and were able to identify all the devices.

Unfortunately the 'Loss of Communication' happens so fast that it never showed up in the arcwho (as a missing device.) Even with a batch file running arcwho continuously with results saved to text did not show any dropped devices.

We ended up cleaning all connections and adding dielectric grease and that seemed to do it.

It would be nice to have found a problem, but it is working (for now.) -Fixed another one!

The HMI and arcwho tool may come in handy in the future. I recommend any users with this arrangement to keep an old HMI, just in case.

Thanks to those who called and otherwise were able to offer advice with this.