Mark V IO.ASG Analog outputs

H

has100

Hi,

In IO.ASG file, i have <pre>
Q_R_MAO01 Q_R_MAO01 CNT15 ;R -TBQC-081
Q_R_MAO02 WSROUT PCT ;R -TBQC-083</pre>
The schematic of above signals are present on page 592 of GEH-6195 manual.

Now the same IO.ASG file contains <pre>
Q_R_MAO01A Q_R_MAO01A PCT ;TCQA-MA1-CUR TCQA_POS_I_1 4-20mA feedback
Q_R_MAO02A Q_R_MAO02A PCT ;TCQA-MA2-CUR TCQA_POS_I_2 4-20mA feedback
Q_S_MAO03A Q_S_MAO03A PCT ;TCQA-MA3-CUR TCQB_POS_I_1 4-20mA feedback
Q_S_MAO04A Q_S_MAO04A PCT ;TCQA-MA4-CUR TCQB_POS_I_2 4-20mA feedback</pre>
On which page of 6195 manual, can I find the schematic of above signals\terminals?

Appreciate your support.

Regards,
has100

has100,

There are several versions of GEH-6195, with varying numbers of pages.

The information you seek is shown on the Signal Flow Diagram page for the TCQB Milliamp outputs--it looks exactly like the TCQA milliamp outputs, but different terminals on a different terminal board (the TBQD or TBQF if I recall correctly).

Hope this helps!

CSA,

So if i am understanding correctly the below I/Os are shown in the Signal flow diagram which is Figure D-49 <Q> Core - 4-20/200 mA Outputs on TBQF Terminal Board<pre>
Q_R_MAO01A Q_R_MAO01A PCT ;TCQA-MA1-CUR TCQA_POS_I_1 4-20mA feedback
Q_R_MAO02A Q_R_MAO02A PCT ;TCQA-MA2-CUR TCQA_POS_I_2 4-20mA feedback</pre>
Also, the I/O signals below are shown in the signal flow diagram which is Figure D-50 <Q> Core - 4-20/200 mA Outputs on TBQD Terminal Board<pre>
Q_S_MAO03A Q_S_MAO03A PCT ;TCQA-MA3-CUR TCQB_POS_I_1 4-20mA feedback
Q_S_MAO04A Q_S_MAO04A PCT ;TCQA-MA4-CUR TCQB_POS_I_2 4-20mA feedback</pre>
Am i correct? The reason why i am confused is the comment in the IO.ASG says that TCQA-MA1,MA2,MA3 and MA4 but it does not mention the terminal board.

Regards,
Has100

Has100,

The suffix "A" on the signal names is for analog feedback of the output current--which I've never seen used on any application.

The following is from an IO.ASG I have from an old job:<pre>
Q_R_MAO01 ASROUT PCT ; TCQA_PREF_1 POSITION REF [ASROUT]
Q_R_MAO02 Q_R_MAO02 PCT ; TCQA_PREF_2 POSITION REF

Q_R_MAO01A Q_R_MAO01A PCT ; TCQA_POS_I_1 4-20mA feedback
Q_R_MAO02A Q_R_MAO02A PCT ; TCQA_POS_I_2 4-20mA feedback</pre>
These are two TMR mA outputs from the TCQA card. In the example above, Q_R_MAO01 is used for the Power Augmentation Steam Control Valve output. And, the associated analog feedback signal is not defined (Q_R_MAO01A).

Note in the signals from IO.ASG for that same job below, the hardware name is Q_<b>S</b>_MAO03 and Q_<b>S</b>_MAO04--this is because the signals are terminated on <S> core--not <R> core.<pre>
Q_S_MAO03 Q_S_MAO03 PCT ; TCQB_MA_OUT1 MA OUT 0/20 OR 0/200
Q_S_MAO04 Q_S_MAO04 PCT ; TCQB_MA_OUT2 MA OUT 0/20 OR 0/200

Q_S_MAO03A Q_S_MAO03A PCT ; TCQB_POS_I_1 4-20mA feedback
Q_S_MAO04A Q_S_MAO04A PCT ; TCQB_POS_I_2 4-20mA feedback</pre>
Neither of the TCQB mA outputs were used on this application. Note also that on this application the mA outputs from <S> could be either 0-20 or 0-200 mA--depending on the position of the associated hardware ("Berg") jumper on the TCQB card. In fact, the same is usually true of the mA outputs from <R>--the position of the hardware jumper determines the mA output for 0-100%.

The following lines were taken from the I/O Report (filename TC2KREPT.TXT) for the same job:<pre>
<R> TBQC 081 MAO01H 65EP-1 ASROUT
<R> TBQC 082 MAO01L 65EP-1 ASROUT

<R> TBQC 083 MAO02H Q_R_MAO02
<R> TBQC 084 MAO02L Q_R_MAO02</pre>
There was no Q_S_MAO03 or Q_S_MAO04 outputs in the I/O Report, and, when I reviewed IO_CFG.LST, I remembered that even though MAO03 and MAO04 appeared in IO.ASG, there was no TCQB card in <R>, <S> and <T> for this particular application--even though the signals appeared in IO.ASG (more of the consistently inconsistent behaviour...).

There were some variants of the Mark V--there are basically four different types of Mark V panels ("A", "B", Hybrid "A", and Hybrid "B"), and within those four basic types there were also some different analog I/O cards used in different panels. So, one has to be very careful when attempting to use these outputs.

I use a very early version of GEH-6195, Rev. B, with all of my notes scribbled on different pages, so my Figure numbers for Appendix D don't match yours. In App. D of my version, the TCQA ma outputs are shown on Fig. D40 "<Q> Core - 4-20 mA Outputs on TBQC Terminal Board" and they originate on the TCQA--with the jumpers to select 0-20 mA or 0-200 mA output.

The TCQB mA outputs are shown on Fig. D41, "<Q> Core - 4-20/200 mA Outputs on TBQF Terminal Board"--which was one of the two types of terminal boards used for the MAO03 and MAO04 mA outputs, and on Fig. D41, "<Q> Core - 4-20/2-- mA Outputs on TBQD Terminal Board"--which was the toher type of terminal board used for the MAO03 and MAO04 mA outputs.

I also noticed that in addition to the 20 or 200 mA hardware jumpers on the TCQA and TCQB cards, the TBQF and TBQD also had 20 or 200 mA hardware jumpers--so the jumpers on both cards need to be set to the same position to work properly--and the same is also treu of MAO01 and MAO02 20/200 jumpers for the TCQA and TBQC terminal boards.

And, again, the suffix of "A" on the hardware names (Q_R_MAO01A, etc.) is used for analog feedback--which is like the analog feedback for the servo-valve output signals--but I've never seen it used on any application.

Hope this helps! Just because the MAO03 and MAO04 outputs may appear in IO.ASG does not mean they are used on your job--the Mark V must have a TCQB and either a TBQF or TBQD on <S>.