Add Totalizer to GE Mark V

Dear All,

I want to ask about adding totalizer for Gas Flow Metering in MarkV Panel A. Last time I added totalizer in TOTT_Q.SRC like this:<pre>
3 FQG 512</pre>
It works, but it only works for English scale (Lb/s). How can I make it for Metric Scale (kg/s)? The result is 360 with FQG +/- 2,75 kg/s or 6,1 lb/s.

FYI, the max scale of lb/s is 64 and for metric scale is 29.9.

And also I tried it in Mark V Panel HB with the same format and it won't work. Any Ideas?

Thanks Before,
Best regards

briq,

If I recall correctly it was possible with some version of IDOS and/or TCI to compile the Table files with a Scale Set other than English. If you check the Help for the Table Compiler at a command prompt by typing:

TABLE_C /?

and pressing ENTER, if that is possible it will be a command line switch. Note that if MK5MAKE is used AFTER compiling with the Table Compiler with a Scale Set other than English the Table Files will be compiled again with English.

If the Scale Set option is not available for the Table Compiler, what kind of operator interface are you using? Do other totalizers display Metric units properly?

I believe it's also necessary to make an assignment in ALLOCSSP.ASG to choose a an available memory location. Have you done that?

Are other values being displayed properly in Metric units?

Dear CSA,

Thanks for your comment..

I already tried TABLE_C/?. it seems work. But I Have to wait the Unit is shutdown until I can compile & download. if I compile with Metric scale, do non-analog accumulator will get the effect? I mean now we have counter for running hour. I'm afraid it will get messed up..

And for your suggestion for add new assignment in allocssp, I haven't tried it yet. Do you mean I have to add new assignment for FQG? Say that I would make new assignment FQG2, the value is the same as FQG? and then I add it to TOTT_Q.SRC and then compile it with TABLE_C? I usually use MK5MAKE to compile..

It seems very little documentation about adding analog accumulator in GE Mark V.

Thanks

briq,

There is precious little documentation about the Mark V for just about any feature/function. That's the way of the world these days--when manufacturers aren't held to provide proper documentation.

I'm not aware that time counts differ between English and Metric systems--even on the Mark V. A second is still a second; a minute is a minute; an hour is an hour; and an event is still an event (a START, or a trip; etc.). So, that shouldn't be an issue.

If you have GE Mark V HMI running MS-Windows and CIMPLICITY, you can add the totalized signal to the CIMPLICITY project, and then you can put it on a display and there are maths functions you can use to change the displayed value. It's kind of slick. But, getting the point into the CIMPLICITY project can be a sticky wicket....

TABLE_C /? gives the Help for the command, and it would tell you if it can compile using a particular scaleset. I believe English is the default, but I don't know if every version of TABLE_C allows compilation using a specified scaleset other than English. The Help should explain.

Anyway, one last thing about totalizing fuel flow-rates--the Mark V gas fuel flow-rate measurement system isn't very accurate, and if you're trying to compare the Mark V gas fuel totalizer flow-rate to some revenue meter (such as the fuel supplier's) it's going to be horribly inaccurate. It surprises many--and shocks almost as many--that the Mark V (or Mark VI or Mark VIe) doesn't control fuel flow-rate by measuring actual fuel flow-rate versus a fuel flow-rate reference. FSR is a reference--but it's a position reference where the position is proportional to flow-rate. And that's not a very exact way of measuring fuel flow-rate.

This is just to say--if you're looking for any fuel flow-rate accuracy, don't look to the Mark V totalizer.

Dear CSA,

Yes, i do know that the totalizer on Mark V is inaccurate. But we made it just for comparison with our flow meter device. Currently we still use IDOS to edit/download but we have Cimplicity as monitoring device.

One last question, do the totalizer concept in GE Mark V Panel A & HB different? Because when I set the same format the totalizer result is different (with FQG for about equal).

Thanks for your fast response CSA.
Best Regards