Alarms in Ovation DCS

B

Barawar

Emerson Ovation system 3.5.1 showed me false alarm indication and i'm trying hard to remove it but not succeeded till yet. Can anybody please help me with it? I have around 600 above alarms indication and i want all to be addressed. Please let me know about procedure to remove all these Alarms.

One thing common with alarms are that there network time is not set to present. I guess there is some problem with network time protocol but i don't know how to change that settings. This is possible reason that clicks in my mind. If anybody of you know about NTP settings; please share. And if anybody have some other suggestion; please let me know as i have to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Hi Barawar - I think I need a little more information to help you. If you shoot me an email at [email protected], I can have one of our Ovation engineers help you.

It would be helpful if you let us know if this is running or in startup, or what the state of the plant is, as well as if it is multiple network. Any screen grabs would also be helpful to understand what is deemed false.

As an aside, the www.ovationusers.com website might also give you access to some of the answers you are looking for.

Best regards,
Greg