Simulation Device for Turbine Overspeed

G

Genersi

dear sirs

i did in some site simulation of turbine overspeed. there was a device portable generator which can give 110 % rated turbine speed, and trip the frame 6B unit. is anybody knows the brand of this device? where to buy? and what's brand? i did connect for P core and r, s cores and trip it (totally for 3 sensors).

General,

You need a frequency generator--a variable frequency AC signal-producing device. It only needs to produce about 6-10 VAC RMS, <b>BUT</b> it needs to produce a zero-crossing signal, not a zero-based signal (this is also known as zero DC offset). (This increases the cost, but Speedtronic turbine control panels require zero offset.) A TTL-type frequency generator (0-5 VDC output) will NOT work (these are inexpensive, but won't work).

I have purchased a kit and assembled it (a small amount of soldering is required) and it cost about USD 40.00 for the kit, and about USD10.00 for the plastic box. You can probably find one on-line at R-S Components (http://www.rs-components.com/index.html) or some place similar. The kit I assembled had a 3/8" phono plug jack, which required an adapter to allow the use of a twisted, shielded pair cable to connect it to the Speedtronic terminal boards, but that's very inexpensive (I bought a 3/8" headphone plug and soldered a couple of short flexible leads with alligator jumpers to it to clip to the twisted, shielded pair conductor.

You could also check R-S for a suitable frequency generator, but most cost in the neighborhood of USD 300.00 or more. Most frequency generators can power three or even six Speedtronic inputs--but ONLY if you temporarily disconnect the speed pick-up input wires from the Speedtronic terminal boards when you connect the frequency generator to the Speedtronic speed pick-up inputs.

Hope this helps!