Instrumentation Training?

D

datao

I have been doing building automation for 10 years and would like to move towards instrumentation & control. I currently use many of the same concepts but in an EMS setting vs. industrial. I have been through the A-B/Rockwell PLC series of classes and tested successfully as a programmer, but would like to get more hands-on in the instrumentation side. Have any of you been through a training program you'd recommend?

Thanks.

datao,

I'm not sure about Southern California, specifically, but much has been written lately about the advancing age of many instrumentation & control technicians and the problem it's causing for many refineries and process plants around the USA. It seems that several local community/junior colleges have instituted 2-year certificate programs that offer in-depth training on instrumentation concepts, maintenance, repair and control fundamentals and concepts to help get more people trained for the local industries which need new, younger technicians (since apprenticeship programs have long since fallen by the wayside).

Let us know how you fare!