Gas Turbine Flowmeter Calibration

A

adeyinkadimeji

Gas Turbine Frame 6b (Mark VI), I came across a Flow transmitter with P4 (flow rate) of 0 to 15000. Yet to confirm the unit with an hart communicator, I am guessing litres per min or lbs per min. The Mark VI Toolbox software config unit is in gallons per min and on the HMI data (FQG) is in Litres/min. The software configs low value and high value is -25 to 3200 gpm (4mA to 20mA) respectively.

Kindly advise on similar cases

Does a Mark VI talk Honeywell DE protocol?

The Honeywell Mulitvariable transmitter, the SMV3000, does not talk HART, it talks only Honeywell's DE protocol. You can connect a HART handheld, but it won't read anything.

I suppose Honeywell could have licensed its DE protocol to GE. I thought that only Honeywell's SCT3000 software (with its packaged USB modem/converter) could talk to the Multivariable. I was under the impression that even Honeywell's MCT404 Toolkit (an industrialized Pocket PC) with its built-in DE modem did not have application level software that could configure the SMV3000.

The SMV had the ability to calculate inferred mass flow in mass units, so it would not surprise me to find lbs/min or Kg/min flow units.

If you ever use the SCT3000 software, be alert to the fact that DE is a digital protocol whose bits are logic zero at 4mA and logic 1 at 20Ma. When communicating via DE the software's first warning message is "Put the loop in manual", because the loop will go crazy trying to respond to full scale oscillations.