OPC DA server

M

Mund123

In work station ST OPC DA server is showing error. If i stop and restart OPC DA then OPC DA becomes normal, but HMI pages goes blank. To reset it again, I had to stop workstation features and restart again.

I checked work station EGD pages.I found CRM1-SRVR is showing Unhealthy all other pages are healthy.

How can i reset OPC DA error? please help

When did this problem start?

What happened before this problem started?

Did someone make some change(s) to the project file(s), or try to compress the EGD pages? Or make some changes to a CIMPLICITY display?

Because these problems don't just start all by themselves--there is ALWAYS some initiating event. Something that wasn't done correctly, or resulted in some error that wasn't present before the alarm was annunciated.

Determine what was done to result in the alarm, and resolve that.

Proper back-ups of software (using the provided back-up software) can be used to recover from such events. This is one of the most important reasons for performing a back-up after EVERY change, and keeping back-ups for at least a couple of years--to recover when someone does something they believe was benign, but which turns out to be malignant.

Work backwards from initial annunciation of the alarm and you will find what caused it--and then you can undo it.

If you're not familiar with ToolboxST and how to troubleshoot Diagnostic Alarms and OPC alarms, you should have someone come to site to troubleshoot and resolve the issue--because it's very easy to cause unintended harm, which can be very difficult to recover from.

Thanks for the response CSA.

I did the trouble shooting and it is normal now.

First I stopped the Workstation features and started again. After this Cimplicity become OK.

Then I downloaded the workstation software. During downloading it was showing Application code not equal. After download this become ok. But still OPC server error remained.

Then from the CRM1 server (we have one server at local, GT1 server and one in control room, CRM1 server), I compressed the EGD page and downloaded the software.

After this local server (GT1Server) OPC DA server alarm rest and all workstation features become normal.

Thank again. Please advice if I missed anything.

We couldn't find how and when the problem occurred.