Turboprop/Turboshaft Control

K

KalmanR

Hi all,

I m working on report about turboprop/turboshaft engine controls, and there is no information about how works today control systems (one lever control, fadec - only information, I got) and future trends. Will appreciate any papers, books, schematics and principles, that used in today control systems or may be used in future.

KalmanR,

I've been watching this forum for more than ten years, and I have seen no posts about turboprop/turboshaft control systems.

I suggest you use your preferred World Wide Web search engine to look for 'aircraft engine controls' or something similar.

There are engines which are based on aircraft engines which are used for land-based functions (generator prime movers; compressor prime movers; pump prime movers; etc.) but none that I can think of (except possibly for wind tunnels) that use turboprop/turboshaft engines with propellers to develop thrust.

Most engines have a speed control-based system--as preventing overspeed is very critical, and the torque produced is usually a function of speed, also.

wikipedia.org is my go-to- place for looking-up new terms and things. It also makes suggestions of related topics. And, the bottom of many wikipedia articles also have links to other websites/information.

But, I think your search terms--at least based on the topic of this thread--are maybe not the best. Whenever you are searching for information on a new topic, it's always best to read a few of the threads which are returned in the search results even if they don't, at first, seem to be relevant. You can usually find new words/terms which you can use to expand your search to find exactly what you're looking for.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Probably i choosed a wrong place for my question, as at the forum no one have experience with aircraft.

I know, how to search information, especially highly specialized info, but this knowledge did not helps. As a conclusion, that information restricted, so probably i need to change topic of my report.

Best regards!