Field Devices Connected to Mark VI Terminal Boards

D

dannys

please, I need full and detail explanation and the name of field devices connected to the following Mark VI Terminal Board.

1. VCRC (48 contact input, 24 relay outputs).

2. TRLY (6 solenoid outputs)

3. VTUR (4 speed pick ups) and lots more

dannys,

>please, I need full and detail explanation and the name of
>field devices connected to the following Mark VI Terminal
>Board.
>
>1. VCRC (48 contact input, 24 relay outputs).
>
>2. TRLY (6 solenoid outputs)
>
>3. VTUR (4 speed pick ups) and lots more

If you don't have a copy of the Mark VI System Guide (GEH-6421) you should find on on the World Wide Web.

The VCRC is not a terminal board; it is a processor card that connects to TRLY (relay output cards) and TBCI (contact (discrete) input cards. There can be multiple VCRC cards in a Mark VI panel, and a TMR Mark VI can have both SIMPLEX and TMR VCRC cards.

The TRLY generally has 12 twelve electro-mechanical relay (discrete) outputs, some of them can be powered outputs (usually 125 VDC), some have fuses, and some are only "dry" outputs (they switch power from an external source to drive a load. And one of them can be used to drive gas turbine ignition transformers/exciters when properly configured and supplied with AC. The TRLY is most usually connected to a VCRC, to energize/de-energize the electro-mechanical relay coils.

The VTUR is a also not a terminal board, but connects to terminal boards, such as the TTUR. In general, there can only be one VTUR per processor rack in a Mark VI (so one for a SIMPLEX panel, and three per TMR panel). Generally the primary shaft speed pick-ups are connected to the TTUR/VTUR.

The relay outputs of the TRLY card can drive 125 VDC solenoids; 120/220 VAC solenoids; MCC (Motor Control Center motor starters; indicating lamps; audible alarms horns; and as discrete inputs to other control systems (DCS; PLC; etc.).

For specific details of what all Mark VI processor cards and terminal boards can do, refer to the Mark VI System Guide, GEH-6421, usually Vol. II.

Hope this helps!

(I would be extremely interested to know why this question arose....)