VCMI IO STATE EXCHANGE FOR <S> FAILED Alarm

R

Rajeshbaby

Could some body have experience on this type of VCMI IO STATE EXCHANGE FOR <S> FAILED alarm? alarm in frame 9E DLN Gas Turbine with Mark6 control while machine on load and reset itself after some times. followed with some alarms. machine not trip. i have noticed the time of alarm in the processor on <S> turn to red indication on VCMI card in CD LED. and at the same time in VPRO card <Y> turns red indication as well.

In HMI we have lost all the exhaust themocouple value in <s> core turns to -17deg C.
I would like to know what action to be taken.

Rajeshbaby,

You will probably find that all of the I/O which is connected to <S> is "lost" when this occurs.

What have you done to try to resolve the problem, and what were the results?

The Diagnostic Alarm is telling you that there is a problem with the IONET, which connects <R>, <S>, <T> and <X>, <Y> and <Z> (the three protective processors in the <P> core).

You should try replacing all of the BNC tee connectors (with Ethernet 10-Base2 connectors!), and ensuring all of the male pins of the cables are free of any corrosion and properly and fully inserted/connected. That's the first and fastest thing to try.

Failing that, you might try replacing the VCMI in <S>, or swapping it with the one in <T> to see if the problem follows the card or stays in <S>. If it follows the card, then the problem is likely the card. If the problem stays in <S>, then it might be a problem with the UCVx card in <S> (not likely unless you have other Diagnostic Alarms/LEDs on the UCVx indicating a problem). Or, the problem might be with the <Y> VPRO in <P> (the middle VPRO). You could try swapping or replacing the VPRO.

Hope this helps! Please write back to let us know what you find.

Hi CSA,

Thanks for the reply.

yes we lost all the i/o which connected to the same processor. we have not done anything so far as this alarm reset it self after some time without tripping the machine.

Diagnostic alarm in <S> vcmi message -using DEFAULT input data rack S8 with diagnostic LED on in VCMI card and VPRO card. in <S> and in VORO not able to connect in <S> message: ADL message timed out host to server lost 192.168.

in <T> VPRO diagnostic message says IONET failure, but physically no status led is on for diagnostic alarm in VCMI card.

Planning to replace the VCMI and VPRO card in <S> during outage.
should you have any suggestion more than this to avoid this,
reply will be appreciated.