Today is...
Sunday, May 20, 2018
Welcome to, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
Wiring and programming your servos and I/O just got a lot easier...
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Engine Exhaust Temperature Thermocouple
How to select proper thermocouple and monitoring system.

I want to use 24 in number K type thermocouple in a ship that will be monitored from Two places (Engine Room, Engine Control Room). To do this i need 24 thermocouple and 24 thermocouple to mA converter. All the Items should be marine type. So please somebody can help me to find out the best manufacturer of this types of sensor and converter?

1 out of 1 members thought this post was helpful...

If I were you I'd Google the approval agency needed for this and "Temperature transmitter".

Typical marine approval agencies:
American Bureau of Shipping, ABS
Lloyds Register of Shipping, LR
Germanischer Lloyd, GL
Det Norske Veritas, DNV
Bureau Veritas, BV
Registro Italiano Navale, RINA
Nippon Kaiji Kyokai, NKK
Korean Register of Shipping, KRS
China Classification Society, CC

Danfoss advertises their expertise and have ABS approval.

To feed two receivers (engine room, Control Room) from a single point there's a couple of approaches.

- Dual sensor elements with dual transmitters, each receiver gets its own signal

- single sensor element, single transmitter and a 4-20mA splitter box (one in, two out)

- dual sensor elements, dual input transmitter. I can't recall where I saw it, but somewhere there's a 2 output DIN rail mount temperature transmitter.