Meaning of Speedtronic Mark IV Error

D

DAMENE

Dear all,

Would you help me to understand the explanation of this Speedtronic Mark IV error:

RIM EEPRM CKSM FAIL HUMB2K U24, 26

Thanks a lot

I've never seen that particular alarm "RIM EEPROM ...." It's the 'RIM' that's unusual to me.

Have you looked in the Mark IV Maintenance Manual provided with the unit? If I recall correctly, the Mark IV Maintenance Manuals had most, if not all, of the "Diagnostic Alarms" pretty well described, along with troubleshooting/resolution steps. They also had descriptions of some diagnostic tests that could be run for troubleshooting.

Have you tried replacing the HUMB card in slot 2K? If so, what were the results?

Is this a Mark IV or a Mark IV+? The Mark IV+ units have the "animated" Rung Display (is it Data List 12?), and have an i80286 microprocessor; the Mark IV units do not have the animated Rung Display and only have an i8086 microprocessor.

I'm presuming this is in <C>, but ???

I'm away from my office on business and I don't have access to any of my notes or drawings; sorry I can't be more help.

Please write back to let us know how you progress with the troubleshooting/resolution?