Today is...
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
EtherCAT with CTC’s master lets your multivendor network play well together...
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Yokogawa CS3000 VNET Connection Problem
I am trying to learn a new system (for me) in a lab. A "red cross" is shown on Vnet icon on my computer.

I am not getting a connection to my Controller.

I am using FFCS (AFF50D), with coupler (AIP504) and VF702 card (VNET) with 10base2 cable and a termination resistor (50 Ohms on Coupler). I am using only one connection of Vnet card i.e BUS1.

Hardware Config:
I connected a 10B2 cable from VNet card bus1 to bus1 side of my coupler unit and also installed a termination resistor there. I am also not using my BUS2 of the coupler (hence at DSBL position). From bus1 side of the coupler unit, I have 2 Ethernet cables which are connected to right and left BUS1 side of my processor module. Further, I have not installed any sort of I/O modules on my controller at this point. [ all of the dip switches are carefully configured i.e on processor and vnet card]

Software Config:
I am using windows XP. I have successfully installed VNET/VLNET driver release of 2009 ( which is visible on windows device manager utility also). As i want my PC to be an Engineering workstation, therefor i used IP:172.16.1.64 on vnet with subnet:255.255.0.0 . (controller IP:172.16.1.1).
The Vnet icon on my taskbar shows a "red cross" on it which means that connection is not through.

If u have any suggestion for solution , please feel free to reply.

I will be much obliged if u could send solution to "ukhalid.071@gmail.com" too.

Solution:

A T-type connector with one end terminated with a 50Ohm resistor while the other end connected to the V-net card on your PC and the third end connected to the PLC. Sometimes the terminator is loose, so try to adjust your terminator a little bit. When using Duplex controller, use a dual redundant bus (even for lab testing). When your controller is connected, and you get a healthy connection on V-net icon in windows tray, perform an offline download to the controller (if you get "failed to obtain password" error while starting a target test).

I am only receiving "failed to equalize database to HIS0264" error, which when figured out, I will share with you guys. In the meantime if you have any suggestion, please do let me know.