Today is...
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
A demonstration of EtherCAT control of linear motors using the CTC EtherCAT master.
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Modbus TCP Settings
What are the parameters to put in ASE2000?

I am a beginner in MODBUS protocol and I am asking for anybody to help me how to set the parameter settings for ASE2000 Modbus TCP protocol.

Because we have here an Intellisaw CAM4 Reader/HMI that reads temperature from the field and this CAM4/Reader has MODBUS protocol, However, we can't get the data from CAM 4 Reader/HMI in our SCADA System using ASE2000 Communication Test Set.

What should I put in the following parameters:
Pt Adrs-
Data-
Start-
Count-
off/on-
Trans Id-
Len-
Or where can i find this parameter

Is the temperature is for Holding registers?

I am counting on your help.

Thank you in advance.

Can you provide a link to the communications manual for the CAM4/reader?

One issue might be that the spec for the ASE2000 Version 2 says that it supports "Modbus serial (RTU and ASCII)" and the tab on hardware shows USB and serial ports, not Ethernet ports. If the slave is really Modbus/TCP, then you have a hardware mismatch and will need to serial/ethernet converter.

Are you asking how to use the ASE2000?

By Modbus TCP Settings on 12 September, 2017 - 4:01 am

Hello David,

Thank you for your input and apologies for the late reply.

the ASE 2000 that i'm using supports Modbus RTU, TCP, and ASCII so I use Modbus TCP.

The slave device has an ethernet port, which we use to transfer the device configuration from pc to the device. however, when i use this ethernet port for Modbus tcp for polling the device, I cannot establish communication.

Maybe the parameters i'm using in Modbus TCP are wrong for polling temperature reading in the slave device.

if you can provide your e-mail, I will send you the device manual.

Thanks