I am a PhD student in control engineering and obviously I am new to gas turbine control. My supervisor recently send me some sensory measurements obtained from a GE heavy-duty gas turbine. The name of the sensors will be shown below. According to the engineer who provide me with the data, this gas turbine has experienced combustor problems. By closely looking at the historical data, I found that the Combustion Monitor Actual Spread 1 experienced a abnormal rise for a couple of days.
The idea is to build a statistical model for this gas turbine so that I can monitor the performance of the machine under faulty conditions. The idea is to firstly divide the sensory measurements into two groups, namely inputs and outputs. For example, I can categorise Bell Mouth Inlet Pressure and Compressor Inlet Flange Temperature into the first group (inputs) and the remaining sensors into the second group (outputs). Then my statistical model will have the ability to predict the value of outputs for the specified inputs. In other words, this model will allow me to access how the system will behave for the specified inputs values under "faulty conditions".
The problem is, I have no idea which sensors should be categorised into inputs? I am good at statistical modelling but am a totally fresh man to gas turbine control. I have searched online for GE Mark V user manual and read it, but still have no idea about this issue.
Any help will be much appreciated!
The measured variables:
1. Turb~GT1~MW~AI - Power
2. Turb~T1:DVAR_GE~MVAR~AI - Reactive power (I guess)
3. Turb~T1:AFPBD_GE~BAR~AI - Bell Mouth Inlet Pressure
4. Turb~T1:CTIFR_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Compressor Temperature Inlet Flange
5. Turb~T1:TTRXGV_GE~Degrees_C~AI - IGV Temp Control Reference
6. Turb~T1:CSBHX_GE~%~AI - Inlet Heating Control Valve Position
7. Turb~T1:AFQ_GE~KG_S~AI - Compressor Inlet Air Mass Flow
8. Turb~T1:CPDABS_GE~BAR~AI - Absolute Compressor Discharge Press
9. Turb~T1:CPR_GE~PRS_R~AI - Actual Compressor Ratio
10. Turb~T1:CTDA_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Compressor Discharge Temperature
11. Turb~T1:TTRF1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - COMBUSTION REFERENCE TEMPERATURE
12. Turb~T1:TTXD1_1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Exhaust Thermocouple
13. - 43. Exhaust Thermocouple no.1 to Exhaust Thermocouple no.31
44. Turb~T1:TTXSP1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Combustion Monitor Actual Spread 1
45. Turb~T1:TTXSP2_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Combustion Monitor Actual Spread 2
46. Turb~T1:TTXSP3_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Combustion Monitor Actual Spread 3
47. Turb~T1:TTWS1FI1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 1ST Stg Fwd inner
48. Turb~T1:TTWS1FI2_GE~Degrees_C~AI- Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 1ST Stg Fwd inner
49. Turb~T1:TTWS1AO1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 1ST Stg Aft Outer
50. Turb~T1:TTWS1AO2_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 1ST Stg Aft Outer
51. Turb~T1:TTWS1FO1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 1ST Stg Fwd Inner
52. Turb~T1:TTWS1FO2_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 1ST Stg Fwd Inner
53. Turb~T1:TTWS2FO1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 2nd Stg Fwd Outer
54. Turb~T1:TTWS2FO2_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 2nd Stg Fwd Outer
55. Turb~T1:TTWS2AO1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 2nd Stg Aft Outer
56. Turb~T1:TTWS2AO2_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 2nd Stg Aft Outer
57. Turb~T1:TTWS3FO1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 3rd Stg Fwd Outer
58. Turb~T1:TTWS3FO2_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 3rd Stg Fwd Outer
59. Turb~T1:TTWS3AO1_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 3rd Stg Aft Outer
60. Turb~T1:TTWS3AO2_GE~Degrees_C~AI - Turbine Temperature Wheelspace 3rd Stg Aft Outer
61. Turb~CTAP1001_B~mbar~AI - (no explanation from data provider)
62. Turb~CTAP1002_B~mbar~AI - (no explanation from data provider)
63. Turb~CTAP1003_B~mbar~AI - (no explanation from data provider)
64. Turb~CTAP1004_B~mbar~AI - (no explanation from data provider)
65. Turb~FGAA0003_B~MJ_m3~AI - (no explanation from data provider)
66. Turb~T1:FQG_GE~KG_S~AI - Gas Fuel Flow
I could take some time and give you an answer on the forum. But if you can give me an email address, I can send you a Control Specification for a GE machine which will give you all your answers and more.
I'm interesting also, would you please to share it with me, my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and best regards
I am also very interested in your reply, please send it to me as well.