Mk 2 Speedtronic Control

S

sultan khan

Dear Sir,

I have a point to clarify on Mk2 Master protection permissive "4" circuit.

In Mk2 when I checked for the condition and rating (voltage) of relays used in Permissive series circuit (3CR), I found that relays 4-1, 4-2, and 3CR relays are of 28 volt. Where as the input to this circuit is 125 V DC. With these relays fitted, the turbine was running in one station. In my experience, these relays must be of 125 V DC.

Can any one Please confirm and let me know? Now I am not in the field to practically verify. I need help to confirm this issue.

Thanks.....

Hi,

I don't have a set of drawings with me. But what I remember is that when the VMPA cards do their job the Master "4" relays (I think 4 of them) are connected in series across the 128V supply.

Dear Sultan

After checking the drawing of a MK2 control system controlling a frame 5 machine, I found that the 4-1, 4-2, and 3CR relays are being energized by 125V signal. However for 4-1 and 4-2 proper contacts some drives 28V and some 125V.

For example: 4-1 relay is energized by 125V. Its 1-3 normally close contact drives 125V, and it is used in the trip control circuit. on the other hand the 5-6 normally open contact drives 28V, and it is used in master four relays circuit which are connected in series across 28V.

Hope this helps, waiting for you feedback.

S
Dear Mr.Isulamu...

Thank you very much for the response..

After returning to the unit, again I study the problem and found that the 4-1 and 4-2 relays comes in series with the circuit and 3CR relay is directly under 125V supply, after 4-1 and 4-2 picked up.Therefore, we can use 28 V relay for the 4-1 and 4-2 relays and for 3CR, it has to be 125 volt relay. It is practically verified.

Thanks for your interest in the participation.. and for the response...

Dear Sir,

I have a point to clarify on Mk2 Master protection permissive "4" circuit.

In Mk2 when I checked for the condition and rating (voltage) of relays used in Permissive series circuit (3CR), I found that relays 4-1, 4-2, and 3CR relays are of 28 volt. Where as the input to this circuit is 125 V DC. With these relays fitted, the turbine was running in one station. In my experience, these relays must be of 125 V DC.

Can any one Please confirm and let me know? Now I am not in the field to practically verify. I need help to confirm this issue.

Thanks.....

Attachments