Today is...
Monday, June 25, 2018
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
A demonstration of EtherCAT control of linear motors using the CTC EtherCAT master.
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Solenoid Valves and Ovation
After bypassing a motor operated valve to control a solenoid valve. Now I cannot control the solenoid!

I bypassed a motor operated valve to control a solenoid valve. Now I can't control the solenoid!

A bit of background, of course.

We had two valves being operated as a pair. The operation signal initially went to a motor driven hydraulically operated valve that would repeat the signal to a downstream solenoid valve. The first valve developed a short and we chose to simplify the system.

After the unused operator was removed I fabricated a junction box and connected the control wires that used to operate the motor driven hydraulically operated valve to now drive the solenoid directly. This left me with 5 wires, 3 for position indication and 2 solenoid operation. I have correct position indication, but I can't get the valve to operate. If I apply power directly, the solenoid will operate. At this point, I am unsure if I need to reprogram the logic. We use Ovation 3.0.2.

Any thoughts?