We have Gas turbine of GE Frame one 6.4 MW with MARK2 control system. we facing below mentioned problem. kindly expert opinion is required. Unit was successfully stopped for gas turbine MOH.
MOH was completed successfully. however, startup sequence of unit is not being complete as unit was tripping without alarm. Below mentioned action already has been completed however fault is still persisting.
1. Verified the health of speed picks
2. Monitored the speed pickup signals with recorder.
3. Speed ratio and gas control servo valve (MOOG) replaced.
4. Range of PCD (axial compressor discharge verified.
5. Dry run test of control system was verified and found successful.
It is important to mentioned that unit was tripping while purge time is being complete bleed valve being close.
Your prompt response will highly appreciate in this regard.
Technician Instrument Pakistan petroleum limited
Is this the same machine in the Post "MK2 Startup Issue" posted by Haroon on May 29th. It's just kind of strange to get 2 x Frame 1 machines in a few days?
Yes, this is same frame 1 turbine which I posted on 29th. We still could not resolve the issue..
Details of progress shall be shared in original post shortly..