OPC Servers for Sinec H1

S

Shahid Waqas Chaudhry

You can try the siemens OPC Servers. Alternatively, there is a german company Inat GmBh (www.inat.de) which make H1 OPC Servers. Shahid

D

D. C. Pittendrigh

Hi All I have had great success with Siemens OPC servers which are supplied with the Siemens CP1613 interface card. Conversely the Inat OPC servers have given problems working with S7 although are quite good with S5 and are reputed not to run together with Win200 terminal server and have other limitations which make them undesirable. Regards Donald Pittendrigh

A
Dear Mr. Donald I tried using the Siemens OPC Server for communicating with S5 PLc but could not figure out how to configure the settings. Can you send me an example file using H1 configuration ? It will be of great help.. Best Regards Ashish

D

D. C. Pittendrigh

Hi Ashish I could send you a sample, but I would have to set up something and test it according to your hardware configuration first of all. This of course has financial implications however I recommend that you go to the following website at Siemens : http://www.ad.siemens.de/net where you will find samples, technical info on H1-IT and OPC server, and most importantly, you can order free of charge, a CD called Start-Up IT-CP. This disk has numerous examples and includes some utilities and bits and pieces of information in HTML and word documents that should make your set up a simple task. Regards Donald Pittendrigh ________________________ Industrial Automation & Systems Integration C.C. Phone : +27 35 789 9956 Fax : +27 35 789 1062 Mobile : +27 83 460 7393