Flow meter for low flow rate

D

Dean Reimer

Hi list,

I'm trying to find a flowmeter that will accurately measure very low flow rates
(around 0.0023 GPM [US Gallons]) and display the rate on a small LCD display.

The meter should also have a 4-20mA or 0-10V output proportional to rate. I would prefer to power it with an external 115VAC source, rather than loop-power. Ideally, the meter would have a calibrated display which would allow me to scale the flow rate into different units (e.g. convert
from GPM to lb/min).

The liquid is carried in a 1/4" nylon tube, so a meter that would allow me to install press-in fittings for quick connection would be desirable.

If anyone has used such a meter, I would appreciate any information you could give me regarding manufacturers.

Dean
Ph: 604-527-1421
Cel: 604-617-0070
Fax: 604-525-0468

J

Jake Thompson

Try GF Signet 626 571-2770, there is the 2000 micro flow sensor and the 2507 mini flow sensor that may do the trick. website is www.gfsignet.com. They also sell a display to go with it.

Jake Thompson
Fluid Solutions Inc.

J
We offer two flow meters for very low flows on liquids and/or gases; our MicroFLOW meter uses a small nozzle with excellent results for flows down to about 0.008 GPM (water). For flows lower than this we offer our SERIES/LFE meter which is a laminar flow element type meter with a field replaceable, cleanable element. The SERIES/LFE can provide flows to near 0 cc/min and larger over wide turn down ranges. Please visit our website at:http://inflowinc.com

Sincerely,
John Catch
[email protected]

J

Jake Thompson

Try GF Signet 626 571-2770, there is the 2000 micro flow sensor and the 2507 mini flow sensor that may do the trick. website is www.gfsignet.com, they also sell a display to go with it.

Jake Thompson
Fluid Solutions Inc.

C

Craig McIntyre

Endress+Hauser has a family of magnetic flowmeters (Dosimag) and coriolis massmeters (Dosimass) that can address your application. Craig McIntyre

W
There are any number of ways to measure this flow. It depends on the size of the line, the pressure and the throughput of the gas.

If you can tell us more about the parameters of the application, we can better suggest to you what meter type to use.

People have used positive displacement meters, rotameters, coriolis meters, v-cone meters, differential pressure transmitters with orifice plates, turbine meters, etc.

Walt Boyes

---------------------------------------------
Walt Boyes -- MarketingPractice Consultants
[email protected]
21118 SE 278th Place - Maple Valley, WA 98038
253-709-5046 cell 425-432-8262 home office
fax:801-749-7142 ICQ: 59435534

"Strategic marketing, sales and electronic
business consulting for the small and medium-sized
enterprise: http://www.waltboyes.com"
---------------------------------------------
co-author of "e-Business in Manufacturing: Putting the Internet