experience with Danfoss co.

P

Petr Cach

Hello everybody
I would like to ask you maybe a bit O. T. question. Do you have any experience with Danfoss company and their products? I'm intrested especially in softstarters, but I would welcome every piece of information (eg. level f quality of their products, documentation, customer support, etc.). I'm working on an analysis and I would like to know your opinion. Thank you very much.
Best regards
Petr Cach

L

lee eng lock

we use a lot of their drives and flowmeters and have been happy with the support and products for more than 15 years. this is in south east asian region, i cannot comment on elsewhere. their solid state starters are not made by them i think last time we used them which was 250kw and smaller size in 1997. neither were the vortex flowmeters, i think they were rebadged usa make. they do not make cheap products but the money is worth it in the indudstrial area where downtime is money.

rgds
leelock

F

Frantz Miles

First of all, where are you located?

It would make commenting on this topic a lot easier.

Frantz Miles

R

Richard Norris

I appreciate this is an old thread but feel your replies didnt offer much information. I have used the VLT5000 series drives and found them to be reliable. One shortcoming is the analogue input is low resolution. Also an addon to the series is a motion card that fits into the vlt drives and offers a very accurate positional controller at a resonable cost. The language is easy to come to terms with.As for the soft starters I believe they are made for danfoss by Aucom. Hope this helps.