PROBLEM WITH RSLOGIX 5 MASTER DISK

• Thread starter FACTORY AUTOMATION SYSTEMS LTD
  • Start date
F

FACTORY AUTOMATION SYSTEMS LTD

Dear Automation list Members,
My Toshiba Laptop had to be reloaded with windows 98. On trying to load the activation for Rslogix 5 from the supplied Master disk,I get the following message. ''MASTERDISK MAY BE IN USE BY ANOTHER SYSTEM,OR DISK IS WRITE PROTECTED OR SHARING FACILITY IS DENIED''. When I use the same diskette on another laptop, I am able to transfer
the activation to it.
Has anybody faced this problem and how did you solve it?
Regards,
Gabriel

P

Pierre Desrochers

Gabriel-

We had a similar problem with these to similarity a few years back. We had to search and delete anything in the Registry that was related to RSL. There was some stuff left. Then all was O.K.

Our problem was with two different versions... we uninstall one with it's activation number and when we wanted to install the next one... the old activation number did not completely go away !!!

Remember to backup the reg. BEFORE you play with it... but do a search just to see if you have some stuff left :)

Pierre Desrochers
Integral Instrumentation Inc.
Montreal - Canada

Gabriel,
First off, did you check to make sure the write protect tab on the diskette is clear? The key disk won't work if the diskette is write protected.

It doesn't sound like the problem is an invalid key, you would get a different error message. If you are sure there is not a key on the computer, do a search for evrsi.sys and delete it. NOTE THIS WILL KILL ANY KEYS on the box. But if that were a problem, you would get something like Invalid serial number.

Good luck.

Dave
WebDock Information and Automation Systems
www.webdock.net

G

Guillermo Torres Hdez."

Gabriel:
''MASTERDISK MAY BE IN USE BY ANOTHER SYSTEM" this message is refered at one of Rockwell software application is open, you need to close all Rockwell application.
DISK IS WRITE PROTECTED this means that your floppy has a write protection, disable this protection.
SHARING FACILITY IS DENIED'' this means than you are using a other PC than you don't have attributes for made changes.

Regards

Guillermo Torres