Acidity measurement in molten sulphur

Good morning to all,
I am looking for instrumentation that will allow me to measure the acidity of molten sulphur online.
Molten sulphur flows through steam pipes jacketed at a tamperature of 135-140°C.
The acidity varies in the range of 0.001-0.1% w/w expressed as H2SO4.

Is there any pH meter that can work in this context?
Thank you

None that could be used in actual service. You'll need to consider the equilibrium constants of the various ionic species at those temperatures as free H2SO4 probably does not exist as a separate component.

Have you found the solution?
Good morning to all,
I am looking for instrumentation that will allow me to measure the acidity of molten sulphur online.
Molten sulphur flows through steam pipes jacketed at a tamperature of 135-140°C.
The acidity varies in the range of 0.001-0.1% w/w expressed as H2SO4.

Is there any pH meter that can work in this context?
Thank you
Have you found the solution?

Hi Giopeco,
I have investigated options quite extensively for a previous job without success.
Sulphuric acid will generally accumulate on the sulphur surface interface.
Our field operators would take a 12hourly manual sample in a foil cup from the sulphur melting pit surface, let it cool, top up the cup with water and measure the pH. Based on this measurement we would adjust the lime dosing levels up or down.
Not precise - but it kind of worked.
Good luck.

https://sulphurnet.com/turbidity-analyser/ have some interesting instruments for molten sulphur - I was planning to trial the turbidity but changed jobs instead.