24Vdc inverter to 115 Vac Class 1 Div 2

J

John Zborowski

The Computer that will be mounted out in the field is Class 1, Div 2. The only power source at that site is 24Vdc. This inverter must also be Class 1, Div 2. The voltage for the computer is 115, and power dissapation is about 150 to 200
watts. Please let me know where I can locate something of this kind.

Thanks in advance.

J

Jake Brodsky

Dumb question: do you really NEED 115 volts AC? Or are you simply trying to power a computer from a DC battery system. The reason I ask is because there are plug compatible PC power supplies that will accept -48 volt (positive ground) and 24 volt inputs. If your computer has an ATX form factor and case I think you'll find this approach a bit easier to deal with and more reliable.

> Dumb question: do you really NEED 115 volts AC? Or are you simply trying to
> power a computer from a DC battery system. The reason I ask is because
> there are plug compatible PC power supplies that will accept -48 volt
> (positive ground) and 24 volt inputs. If your computer has an ATX form factor
> and case I think you'll find this approach a bit easier to deal with and more reliable.

I have not quite the exact, but similar dilemma. I'm in search of a power inverter fitting the following criteria: 400-500VA DC to AC inverter; 24VDC in/120VAC Nominal out; Class 1 / Div 2. This is not for a computer, but a device that needs to be powered by 120VAC.; Ideally inverter would be din-rail mounted.

Let me know if you can provide any suggestions and thank you in advance.

Thank you.