3 phase DC motor for car

Kullen Technolgies...

"Q.E.D." (sometimes written "QED") is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "Quod Erat Demonstrandum" ("that which was to be demonstrated"), a notation which is often placed at the end of a mathematical proof to indicate its completion.

Regards, Phil Corso

It seems people are getting confused about motor technology. A DC brushless motor can indeed be 3-phase. In fact, 3-phase is the most common. This refers to the number of electrical phase windings on the motor. It is switched via a 3-phase power "bridge" from a DC voltage supply. This "bridge" consists of 6 power devices - normally IGBTs, but sometimes MOSFETs. They use pulse-width modulation to control the power, and the order in which the 3 motor phases are energised determines the direction of rotation.

I know this stuff because my job is to design and write embedded software for DC brushless motors in home appliances, and also help design the hardware that drives them.
Hi. I want to run a 3 phases dc direct drive washing mashine motor from a 12 v baterry. What do I need? Thanks