4-20 mA accelrometer for vibration

Hi All,

I have a 37KW motor, speed around 1500 rpm, i want to do predictive maintenance by placing vibration sensor to detect bearing failure, looseness etc, is 4-20mA accelerometer can do that? the reason of choosing 4-20mA "static signal" is easier to directly connect it to my PLC unit, or is it useless to use 4-20mA vibration sensor in this case? please your advice and if you have a better solution to detect failures on such a motor.

Thank you very much

Hi All,

I have a 37KW motor, speed around 1500 rpm, i want to do predictive maintenance by placing vibration sensor to detect bearing failure, looseness etc, is 4-20mA accelerometer can do that? the reason of choosing 4-20mA "static signal" is easier to directly connect it to my PLC unit, or is it useless to use 4-20mA vibration sensor in this case? please your advice and if you have a better solution to detect failures on such a motor.

Thank you very much
Hi

If you use kind device , you will need to install a so called " vibration transmitter /transducer" in the loop ....

Have a search on that item it can highlight you on how to detect such failures on a motor...

Any time
Controls Guy25.

Hi All,

Thank you very much
Hi

That s a good thing to come and post issue/case here but it is a good thing also to reply at least on our comments /posts...

Dont leave us without update!

Cheers
James

Hi

If you use kind device , you will need to install a so called " vibration transmitter /transducer" in the loop ....

Have a search on that item it can highlight you on how to detect such failures on a motor...

Any time
Controls Guy25.

Thanks control Guy25, i will look at it and see how to pull these dynamic data from the vibration transmitter