4-20 ma signal to the cloud

D

DWW

I would like to take a 4-20ma signal form a flow meter and send the data to Amazon.com AWS so that I can view the data remotely. This is a single or a very few (3-4) points system. I don't have a internet connection so I would like to use a cell connection like a verizon myfi or the like. Is there a device that would digitize the analog signal can transmit the high low and average at a predetermined time interval?

We have done something very similar using a Red Lion modular controller with a 4 point analog input card and a Banner Engineering DX83A Ethernet Bridge connected to Exosite.com which allows you to create monitoring dashboards, data storage, email alerts, etc.

Take a look at https://uplink.exosite.com/views/1183922039/3195073152.

This shows a system with a thermocouple input but you can also get an analog (4-20 mA) input card for the Red Lion Modular controller.

If you only need a single point, you might be able to use a Red Lion PAXI panel meter with Modbus serial as your flow meter and connect it to the Banner instead of the modular controller.

Get a simple PLC ( or even a Raspberry Pi) and run the sensor to that, then use MQTT to push value to the cloud, Could even be done with an ESP12 (Arduino) microcontroller.

Really depends what you want to spend.