4-20mA conversion to MODBUS

V

Victor Rocha

Hello everyone.

I´m involved in a supervision project where we have (at least) sixteen 4-20mA signal which have to be monitored and logged by a PC. We´re
developing a LabVIEW application which is able to "talk" to a MODBUS network, but i still haven´t found a way to convert all those signals
in a easy way.

So, if you know of some multi-channel MODBUS i/o module, please send me an email at [email protected] .

Thank you!
Victor, Florianopolis, Brasil

S
NR&D offers a communication top hat for the modicon momentum I/O bases that connects the I/O to a Modbus network. You can find information on their MST product on "www.niobrara.com":http://www.niobrara.com and information on the Modicon Momentum I/O bases
at "www.modicon.com":http://www.modicon.com
Modicon has 8 channel differential analog input base, as well as a 16 channel single ended analog input base. If you have any trouble find the information just let me know.

F

Fernando Capelari - Schneider Brazil

Hi Victor,

My name is Fernando, and I work at Schneider Electric Brasil. I suggest to you use a remote I/O base from Schneider, Modicon TSX Momentum.

As I saw you are from Floripa, tomorrow I am going to send you a more detailed message (in portuguese) about that solution.

Best Regards,
Fernando
([email protected])

Red Lion Controls has two products. One is a IAMS and the other is a DLC. The first is single channel and the other is 2-channel.

i think all the measurement is coming to the PC where u have installed LabView.

There are some modules available that will sit in PC slot and then it can give u data directly to ur software.

give me ur exact details for datalogging and i can help u out.

Regards

Chetan

C

Chris Deschesnes

H

Herman Chrisstoffer

Victor,

It looks like you want to have your analog signals directly into you contol system (LabView). For this purpose you could use remote I/O which is very straightforward and easy to use. It just converts your analog signals into a modbus messages without any additional programming required. Suppliers of remote I/O are amongst others: Beckhoff and SixNet. It think that National Instruments (which is the supplier of LabView) also has remote I/O devices.

Regards
Herman Chrisstoffer.

C

Chrisstoffer, Herman

It looks like you want to have your analog signals directly into you contol system (LabView). For this purpose you could use remote I/O which is very straightforward and easy to use. It just converts your analog signals into a modbus messages without any additional programming required. Suppliers of remote I/O are amongst others: Beckhoff and SixNet. It think that National Instruments (which is the supplier of LabView) also has remote I/O devices.