SQL and Citect SCADA indexing Problem

Hey guys,

I have been trying to store and retrieve data to an from SQL database using Citect SCADA 2018. Pushing data and retrieving worked fine for a while and suddenly the project wont compile saying the file italian.dbf file in the source directory is not indexed. if we delete the file then the compilation error would read korean.dbf not indexed. since not compiling i cant run the project anymore and stuck at this point. i have a single table in sql with single primary key and 4 columns.

attaching the error schreenshot. Please look into and provide viable solutions.

P.S. the attached sql database diag originally had the marked column as primary key and automatically generated clustered index before i dropped them.

Attachments

Hey guys,

I have been trying to store and retrieve data to an from SQL database using Citect SCADA 2018. Pushing data and retrieving worked fine for a while and suddenly the project wont compile saying the file italian.dbf file in the source directory is not indexed. if we delete the file then the compilation error would read korean.dbf not indexed. since not compiling i cant run the project anymore and stuck at this point. i have a single table in sql with single primary key and 4 columns.

P.S. the attached sql database diag originally had the marked column as primary key and automatically generated clustered index before i dropped them.
Hey ClinKv

Ther description of the error message that you shared is following:

[TD]F4019[/TD]

[TD]File not indexed[/TD]

[TD]The database needs to be indexed, but the index file associated with the database cannot be found. Pack the database.[/TD]​

You should " pack the database"
So let check on Schneider citect application how to " pack the database".

Hope this can help
Controls Guy25.

Clint KV,

I know this is a bit late (but only just joined forums) but may help someone else.

I have had a similar issue with Citect, turned out SQL had filled the hard drive, hence Citect can't open the dbfs to generate the compiled files. Freeing up some space then re-compile and everything came good.

Clint KV,

I know this is a bit late (but only just joined forums) but may help someone else.

I have had a similar issue with Citect, turned out SQL had filled the hard drive, hence Citect can't open the dbfs to generate the compiled files. Freeing up some space then re-compile and everything came good.
I have this problem right now. I'm running citect 2018 8.10 on WMWare Workstation with Windows 8.1. My hard drive is not full and I have tried to pack the projects. Nothing have worked so far. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Hey guys,

Did you find a solution for your problem?

I have this problem right now. I'm running citect 2018 8.10 on WMWare Workstation with Windows 8.1. My hard drive is not full and I have tried to pack the projects. Nothing have worked so far. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Have you checked that none of the .ndx files have been marked "read only" and/or the logged in user has permissions on the project directory?

Have you checked that none of the .ndx files have been marked "read only" and/or the logged in user has permissions on the project directory?
The user is a defualt Admin user for the virtual machine. The virtual machine is new with Win 8.1 and the Citect 2018 installation is totally fresh aswell. I get this even when I'm only compiling the "Example" project that came with the installation. It all seems very strange to me. I have tried to update to a newer patch but it does not seems to help either.

The user is a defualt Admin user for the virtual machine. The virtual machine is new with Win 8.1 and the Citect 2018 installation is totally fresh aswell. I get this even when I'm only compiling the "Example" project that came with the installation. It all seems very strange to me. I have tried to update to a newer patch but it does not seems to help either.
I can add that the problem occurs when a restart ("Shutdown" in VMWare Workstation pro 15) of the virual machine is done and a new compile is performed.

I have been trying to store and retrieve data to an from SQL database using Citect SCADA 2018. Pushing data and retrieving worked fine for a while and suddenly the project wont compile saying the file italian.dbf file in the source directory is not indexed.
Can you please tell me the procedure for how you store and retrieve the data from SQL using Citect SCADA? Because I am also doing the same but my data is not logging into SQL.
A little procedure is very helpful. Thank you