Bentley Nevada Vibration Monitoring System of Carbamate and Ammonia Feed Pumps at Urea Plant

Currently we have separate Bentley Nevada 3300 system racks installed for Carbamate and Ammonia Feed Pumps at Urea Plant.
We are currently evaluate to replace Bentley Nevada 3300 racks with the newer 3500 series model. BN-3500 has redundant power supplies.

Both Ammonia Feed Pumps have a total of 4 radial and 2 axial probes. Where as Carbamate pumps have a total of 8 radial and 04 axial probes. The total number of probes installed can be easily configured in single 3500 rack with separate cards for ammonia feed pumps and carbamate feed pumps.

Since the newer Bentley nevada racks have redundant power supplies, do we still need to install separate Bentley Nevada racks for Ammonia and Carbamate pumps or can we install single rack with separate cards for each individual machine.

Currently we have separate Bentley Nevada 3300 system racks installed for Carbamate and Ammonia Feed Pumps at Urea Plant.
We are currently evaluate to replace Bentley Nevada 3300 racks with the newer 3500 series model. BN-3500 has redundant power supplies.

Both Ammonia Feed Pumps have a total of 4 radial and 2 axial probes. Where as Carbamate pumps have a total of 8 radial and 04 axial probes. The total number of probes installed can be easily configured in single 3500 rack with separate cards for ammonia feed pumps and carbamate feed pumps.

Since the newer Bentley nevada racks have redundant power supplies, do we still need to install separate Bentley Nevada racks for Ammonia and Carbamate pumps or can we install single rack with separate cards for each individual machine.
Hello all,

To respond to this specific question, you have to update your controls/monitoring system architecture in collaboration with your Equipment vendor/supplier.

With Redundant power supplies , it does not mean that you can use only single rack...
What about "loss of communication/communication failure", "whatchdog".....

According to OEM manuals , it can be designed/installed as multiple configuration, depending of what you got at your site..... what about screen /hmi ???

I advise you to ask that kind of queries to the equipment Vendor/supplier.

I guess that they are in good position to collaborate with you since you both got the system overview , that we do not get from the forum!

ControlsGuy25.

Hello all,

To respond to this specific question, you have to update your controls/monitoring system architecture in collaboration with your Equipment vendor/supplier.

With Redundant power supplies , it does not mean that you can use only single rack...
What about "loss of communication/communication failure", "whatchdog".....

According to OEM manuals , it can be designed/installed as multiple configuration, depending of what you got at your site..... what about screen /hmi ???

I advise you to ask that kind of queries to the equipment Vendor/supplier.

I guess that they are in good position to collaborate with you since you both got the system overview , that we do not get from the forum!

ControlsGuy25.
Hi

Can the original poster of this thread reply to the last post...