PROTECTIVE RACK CONFIGURATION

I have a Mark VI test rack consist of tool box and necessary cards to test any mark VI cards. It is working normal. The Rack R0 working in simplex and no issues by itself. I have vcmih2b and UCVE installed . But when I add the protective rack to the toolbox, once we download the VCMI, after reboot am getting "RECEIVE -FAILD" message. Any idea? I checked all ethernet jumpers and is configured as R0-SMP, R8,S8,T8 as per GEH-6421H (5-43). Do I need any additional card in R0 for the VPRO's to talk? Can anybody help me with a simplex wiring diagram just to verify my connections. Do I need terminators on both ends of the coaxial cable?

Attachments

remonroy,

That ”coaxial cable” is the IONET and it's how the VPROs talk to the UCVx, through the VCMI. 10Base2 Ethernet requires Ethernet termination resistors at both ends of a segment of cable.

Is the IONET configuration not described/diagrammed in GEH-6421?

What kind of testing do you intend to do with your "... working normal ...” Mark VI test rack?

remonroy,

That ”coaxial cable” is the IONET and it's how the VPROs talk to the UCVx, through the VCMI. 10Base2 Ethernet requires Ethernet termination resistors at both ends of a segment of cable.

Is the IONET configuration not described/diagrammed in GEH-6421?

What kind of testing do you intend to do with your "... working normal ...” Mark VI test rack?

This rack is used for doing functional test on MK VI circuit boards. All the peripheral signals are simulated and feed as input to subject card under test. When trying to add the protective rack, RECEIVE FAILD message is coming. The cards involved in this setup are only the VCMI, UCVE and VPRO X 3. I am trying to establish communication with the protective rack.