Is it possible to use DIN Rail Terminal Blocks for Modbus RTU

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experience using DIN Rail Terminal Blocks for MODBUS RTU. I have a single cabinet which contains 4 different MODBUS RTU Slave devices over RS485 as well as the Master. Will it work ok if I chained together a few Din Rail terminal blocks to connect all my devices to the Master. I understand that this may not be a great practice considering losing the twist, but is it likely to cause issues considering I am only using a few feet of cable overall? I am just looking to simplify the cabling as much as possible and make it easy to add and remove devices as needed. Any other cabling suggestions to achieve this would also be appreciated.

Thanks for you Time!

There are many occasions where RS485 has to interface with an outgoing cable for onward transmission - the easiest way is by DIN Rail Terminal Blocks.
If your devices are local to each other and in the same metal enclosure then even better.

RS-485 is daisy chained and does not like stubs. The stub cabling from the connection to field device from the network bus 'T' point 'junction' point should be short. You can't just parallel a number of stubs out from a 485 pair of driver lines.

Yes, a pairs of terminal blocks work
- Pair 1 goes out to device #1 from the master
- Pair 2 comes back from device #1, connects to pair 3
then a second set of terminal blocks
- pair 3 gets network signal returned from pair 2/device #1, goes out to device #2
- pair 4 comes back from device #2, connects to pair 5
Then a 3rd set of of terminal blocks
- pair 5 gets network signal returned from pair 4/device #2, goes out to device #3
- pair 6 comes back from device #3, connects to pair 7
Then a 4th set of terminal blocks
- pair 7 gets the network signal from pair 6/device #3, goes out to device #4 and can terminate at device #4