5000 PSI Pressure Transmitter

A

Anonymous

For a well Head Application, I need a Pressure Transmitter for meauring 0 - 5000 PSI pressure.

The transmitter Display and measuring range (Resolution) may be as small as 0.5 PSI.

And this Low Resolution may be accurately output on 4-20 mA signal. so that the same small resulation may be measured so minutely on paperless Recorder or DCS.

Z

ZACHARIA TOMY

Dear anonymous,

0.5 psi on a range of 0-5000 psi represents a resolution of 0.002%. The best accuracy I have heard of for PTs is 0.075%. I don't think any field PT will be able to satisfy your requirement. The best achievable measurement accuracy will be in the range of 0.1% if done exceptionally well. That represents 5 psi on your scale.

As far as resolution is concerned, well you can have the moon and stars.

Tomy Zacharia

You have not explained the application. Practically it will be difficult to expect more than 0.1% accuracy at field from the transmitter. Suggest to use the calibrated span of 500 psi covering the range of normal operation. This will give you desired accuracy. Transmitter range could be 0-5000 psi or more.

Regards,
A.K.Hait

The application is just Well Head Monitoring. Maybe later on shut down will be added if possible and required. I wonder how most of the oil and gas producing wells' pressure is measured?

I have just stated 5000 PSI but one of the wells is opeating at 12000 PSI. Anyhow, I hope some manufacturer may made something for this application and we are just ignorant about it.

Dear Hait, please look into specifications of Rosemount PT 3051T and comment on it.

Thanks.