BECKHOFF 1020 IO middle not responding

I just recently replaced the cx1010-0010 CPU module with the power supply unit. After the replacement the X0 & X1 inputs of the EM7004 IO was not responding. So I changed the EM7004 module also thinking it had failed. Still the digital inputs and not taken into the PLC. It is physically coming till the IO ports and LED all lighted up but when I check through the twincat system manager all inputs show "0". I want to know whether do I need to do any configuration for the digital inputs. All digital outputs are working fine in both instances. Please help me out in this issue. Thanks in advance.

I just recently replaced the cx1010-0010 CPU module with the power supply unit. After the replacement the X0 & X1 inputs of the EM7004 IO was not responding. So I changed the EM7004 module also thinking it had failed. Still the digital inputs and not taken into the PLC. It is physically coming till the IO ports and LED all lighted up but when I check through the twincat system manager all inputs show "0". I want to know whether do I need to do any configuration for the digital inputs. All digital outputs are working fine in both instances. Please help me out in this issue. Thanks in advance.
Did you try an OFFLINE /ONLINE CONFIGURATION CREATION on EM7004 MODULE AS per OEM manual ..( look on page 70 of EM7004 MANUAL )

The thing is did you make a good commissioning of the devices at least ...

Cheers,
James

I have a read on the manual and there is a good well described procedure to troubleshoot the EM7004 MODULE...
Hi James thank you very much for response. Since I replaced only the CPU module and configuration is already in the CF card I didn't do any online offline configuration. After replacement of the CPU module the X2,X3 digital outputs were working fine. Only issue was the X0,X1 digital input signals. I will delete all connected devices and add them again. But my worry is if I do this will I need to assign variable for all the ports?

Hi Rienzie,

Thanks for the message!

Also you right deleting devices may require to readd those devices but in the that case it is possible to add devices as per manual ( see page 34)

Thank you for let us know what result do you have so we can support from here !

Cheers
James

Hi James,

The issue was sorted after I searched the boxes and added them as per the configured terms. The name of the terminals needed to be changed to match the programmed configuration.

Thank you for your support.

Also, I have another CX5020 CPU which I am trying to connect through TWINCAT 2 software. After going through the standard adding target procedure the device is being connected with the "X" mark.

But when I open Click on "Open from Target" nothing is happening. No errors or events the TWINCAT 2 page just stays blank.

Any advice on this?

Cheers,
Rienzie.