86LADDER, 86COMM ladder software

• Thread starter MPE Industrial Automation
  • Start date
M

MPE Industrial Automation

Dear Sirs,

Our customer has old PLC system which use 86LADDER or 86COMM ladder software to interface it. Our customer would like to replace this old PLC system but he doesn't have any information of it. He can interface by this software to monitor the ladder program only. The system bit, address configuration, how to use software and etc. he can't. His PLC looks like the PC card and is
plugged on the Reliance Electric rack. R.A. GTS said the PC card is the 3rd party (not his Reliance Electric product). The model or serial numder on the card, we're afraid if we unplugged it to see, the ladder program will be lost.

Would you please give me any informations, document, manual or etc. of this PLC or software?

Thank you and best regards,

Khwanchai P.

J
Dear Sirs,

A search hit landed me on your webpage while looking for an old "PLC on a PC card". The item we seek is a product from WIZDOM Systems called 86-Ladder. It has been obsolete since the late 1990s. This is basically a full size AT ISA bus card. It is a ladder logic co-processor with dualport ram and a hardware interrupt at the completion of each scan. We incorporated it into an in-house built CNC machine control for our special ECM process. We are looking for anyone that may have information on where to obtain a few more of these cards.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Jim O'Neil

J

Jeremy Pollard

There were many people involved.. check linked in for them... also ebay and parts liquidators..
I don’t want to give names out...:(

Cheers from: Jeremy Pollard, CET The Caring Canuckian!
Crisis, necessity, change
www(.)tsuonline.com

‘I DID’

Manufacturing Automation  www(.)automationmag.com

J
I spoke to a few of the folks at the old Reliance group and they used the 86-Ladder card in their motor test units. I'm not sure how many they had of these at one time but it was apparent they the build quite a few. The working memory is battery backed with two common coin batteries that can usually be changed while under power. The program is easily uploaded or downloaded via onboard serial ports or directly over the AT buss and then stored as a file. The editor is also able to store files and generate cross references.

If anyone has any old 86-Ladder cards that they can trade I will give you all the development software and manuals that we have. We have a version of the editor that requires no key to use.

Thank you,
Jim O'Neil

J

Jeremy Pollard

Dennis Wiznosky - the CEO of Wizdom Systems = who built the ladders-86 board etc would not be pleased that you would be violating the license agreement for your software..

Just sayin... regardless of the age etc of the solution the agreement still stands...

If you are looking for boards I am sure you can find some on an automation liquidator,, if not, redesign :)

Cheers from: Jeremy Pollard, CET The Caring Canuckian!
Crisis, necessity, change
www(.)tsuonline.com

Control Design  www(.)controldesignmag.com
Manufacturing Automation  www(.)automationmag.com