9FA Gas Turbine Filtre house and H2 seal oil

Hello there . 9FA turbine very dusty location. Filter houses need constant cleaning. especially the first filters (CF). Do you have an idea for this? what can we do?. cleared a month ago (dp 0.6).now dp 2.7

generator oil leaking into dual hydrogen control panel. Oil is coming to the total flow side. I didn't understand where it came from. seal oil oil pressure 70 psi . hydrogen pressure 60 psi . flow 3000 sscm. do you have a suggestion? Could it be because of the seal oil enlargent? can oil mist (100 f ) come in? sorry for my english

Hello there . 9FA turbine very dusty location. Filter houses need constant cleaning. especially the first filters (CF). Do you have an idea for this? what can we do?. cleared a month ago (dp 0.6).now dp 2.7

generator oil leaking into dual hydrogen control panel. Oil is coming to the total flow side. I didn't understand where it came from. seal oil oil pressure 70 psi . hydrogen pressure 60 psi . flow 3000 sscm. do you have a suggestion? Could it be because of the seal oil enlargent? can oil mist (100 f ) come in? sorry for my english
Hello

Who is OEM cleaning filter /pulse cleaning system manufacturer..
When this plant as been commissioned ..when this problem raised..."since begining ."or other ..

I would try to contact OEM manufacturer or GEEPE In Belfort...They better placed to answer on kind site conditions ...according to the contract ...

Oil leakage is always bad thing... can you provide alarms /trips settings ..to compare

Is that a building machine/unit Indoor /outdoor configuration...

With more datas we can be better support from here..

James

Useeeeum,

It's not possible to answer your question without understanding the source of the dust. Is it from a nearby road? From a nearby field or sand dunes? Where is the dust coming from?

There are many GE-design heavy duty gas turbine units (and aeroderivative units, too!!!) which were sited improperly for the site conditions which suffer from excessive choking (plugging) of turbine inlet air filters. And, sometimes it's just a matter of the orientation of the unit--which, of course, can't be changed now that it's installed and commissioned. As ControlsGuy25 has said, you can try working with other filter suppliers (there's at least one in Turkey which has supplied filters for many European and UK units) to see what they can offer. From the info you supplied, it would seem the unit has weather hoods and "pre-filters" (the CF (Coalescing Filters)) so unless they are sized improperly for the dust particles and are choking (plugging) prematurely.

But the FACT remains: We don't know--because you haven't told us--what the source of the dust is. And, you are in the best position to know if there's anything which can be done to mitigate the dust which is blowing or drawn into the turbine inlet air filters. I have seen LOTS of different types of dust/sand filters employed in GE-design has turbine inlet air filters over several decades. But in every case, they were designed for the site ambient conditions. Some work better than others. Some didn't really work very well at all.

Work with filter suppliers, and inlet duct suppliers, to try to find something which will work for the conditions at your site.

Best of luck.