A blast from the past (SFW324 and Sy/Max 400)

J

Jeff Proulx

Anything and everything I try returns the same results with the software, "ERROR--PORT HARDWARE NOT COMPATIBLE"
If there is anyone that remembers how to this software please send an e-mail.
Thank You

G

George Graziano

My guess is that your trying to use a computer faster than a 486. This software prefers the speed of a 286, but will work with a 486. Anything faster than a 486 will cause that error. You can try software that slows down the processor. Do a search for slowdown PC. If you can't find it email me and I'll dig it out.
George

J
I did move the software to a 386 @ 20mhz. Thinking that was the problem. This did not help.
Thank you for your Help.

G

George Graziano

Another problem that can cause that is, that is an RS-422 signal. Are you using a RS-232 to RS-422 converter with correct PINOUT. www.NIOBRARA.com sells a converter just for SquareD PLC's and they are very helpful.
George

J
I have a RS323 - RS422 cable from Sq-D.
About a 2 years ago I made an up-date to this program and things work fine. Now I need to modify the file offline for later download. The only think I can change is the security level to override and that's as far as I can get. I must be missing some other setting.

Thank You for Your Help
Jeff Proulx

I have had this problem. It seems you have not correctly coordinated the I/O address specified in the SFW application with the actual I/O address of the SFI card based on its DIP switches.

Mike

Hello there, Blast from the past,

I have worked with the SquareD Sy/Max family hardware and software for 25 years. I don't recall any SFW324 as we always used SFW375, which was a DOS based programming software. It would only run in DOS or MIN 3.11. Also it worked in Win 95 but the later versions of Windows did not work. A later version was SFW374.