A question for you guys - online PLC courses

V

Vince Gonzales

Hello. I currently work as a maintenance mechanic in the food industry with 6 years experience. I really want to get into PLC and was wondering what online courses you guys recommend. I currently work full time so I was really looking for online courses. I see a lot out there and wanted to get your guys opinion.

Thank you for your time.

B

Bruce Thompson

I understand the appeal of on-line courses: You can study at your own pace and on your own time.

However, learning something like PLC programming really benefits from hands-on experience with an instructor. You get to learn something and immediately apply it, thus reinforcing the things you've learned. I know that you can probably learn the same stuff on-line, but you cannot get the experiences that come from quickly applying what you've learned.

Some options for you.

1) Do you have someone in your plant who is now handling the PLC programming? Would they be willing to let you hang around with them and spend some time with you in learning it? If so, then you'll begin to gain some knowledge, but with the added benefit of this knowledge being directly applicable to your job. However, the breadth of the knowledge will probably be limited to direct application in your plant. (This is kind of a long path, but if you show a lot of enthusiasm to your work mate, he might be very willing to essentially take you on as an apprentice. This can be a lot of fun for both of you.)

2) Are there local community colleges that offer PLC programming as part of their curriculum? Because they are inside the community, they frequently tailor their classes to the needs of local industry. This is another way of gaining a wide field of knowledge that, in part is applicable to your job. (This is a lot quicker method of learning and you'll be in an environment of like minded individuals who will help you learn and be able to apply what you learn to your job.)

Try www.plcs.net

Phil has a good site with plc overview on-line complete with some simple animations. He also has several fairly inexpensive books and training CD's. This is my fave....

> Bernie Carlton also operates an excellent site at www.theplcguy.com

for your better concept plcs.net is better you get every single ideas from idea for those who are beginner but cant get software or other necessarily things for practice which is provided on getplc.tk
where i found major things to start a initial programming. but some things have to be added which i had already requested.

The following blog as a reference can learn online plc, and all free. goto my blog program-plc.blogspot.com.