AB Compact Flash

M

M. Gorden

I need to load the program back into my AB CompactLogix 1768-L43.

I don't have RSLogix. The author of the program uploaded the replacement folder/files to a compact flash card on my PC. I then put the card into the PLC but the CF red light flashes. The PLC does not accept the file. The compact flash card is a SanDisk 1 gb.

Does this folder need to be placed on the CF by RSLogix?

I need to get a stamping press running pronto.

R
I recently had a problem trying to get a compact flash working with ABs VersaView and ended up buying an "AB approved" card which is only 64Mb.

If you can find an old low capacity card it may work for you or if you have a processor with a card installed borrow that.
Roy

J

James Ingraham

Take a look at this document, entitled "Logix5000 Controllers Controller Nonvolatile Memory"

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm017_-en-p.pdf

It's rather complicated. For starters, if you're using version 11 you're fried. If there's a firmware mismatch you have to handle that. You have to make sure you're in program mode. And I actually can't figure out from reading this how to FORCE the processor to use the file. If the project isn't set to load from flash, it might not do it ever. If it is set to do so, you may need to make sure that the processor doesn't have anything in it.

Good luck.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.