AB DH+ PLCs upgrade to Ethernet

M

Mark Gallagher

I have a busy AB DH+ Network with many SLC 5/04s and PLC-5s that I would like to upgrade to Ethernet. What are some options that won't break our bank account?

M
J
Don't change the platform, is very expensive, if you have your PLC ports in DH+, use a gateways cards in a contrologics rack they have cards with two DH+ ports and you can put only a one Ethernet gateway card for connect to your LAN, we use this cards for local nets by area in DH+ and concentrate all the communication in this rack, the net will works very good with the Computers Networks and don’t have problems of traffic, viruses or lost communications and use the same RSLinxs that we use for program and monitoring.

Maybe you should upgrade just a part of your network. Using one of your PLC as gateway. Becouse both protocols use CIP this should not be difficult.

Hi Mark,
Check out http://www.equustek.com

Upgrading your platform will be really expensive. Equustek's DL4500-EDH+ allows DF1 serial drivers to communicate over Allen Bradleys DH+ network via TCP/IP protocol (4 computers can be connected simultaneously to the ethernet side of the DL4500).

Francis
www.equustek.com

B

Brian Boothe

Replace the PLC, Pitch the DH+ and just make sure the new Controller has a Ethernet port. Other Solutions are available, I can send u a list of Many Manufacturers.

"nothing but NET"
Brian E Boothe