AB Panelview 1400e touchscreen

F

Fishbrain

Hello All,

I have an AB Panelview 1400e touchscreen on which the x and y axes are reversed. Is there any way to correct this via any on-board diagnostics?

Thanks.

B

bob peterson

Can you describe more completely just what your issue is? Are you trying to suggest that someone created the application in such a way as to make it look correct if the terminal was mounted 90 degrees rotated from the normal way it would be mounted?

--
Bob

The unit had a failed touchscreen controller board which has been repaired. Upon refitting, this problem has become apparent. I was hoping to find a touchscreen calibration option to correct the issue but cannot find one. The screen responds to the cell test diagnostic in its entirety but with the axes transposed.

The application has not been rotated at all.

B

bob peterson

What does AB tech support have to say? You would think they would have function tested it before shipping it back.

--
Bob

I should clarify that I undertook the repair myself. Previous repairs of the same type of panel didn't produce this problem. I have fortunately now resolved the problem.

Thanks for responding.

> I should clarify that I undertook the repair myself. Previous repairs of the
> same type of panel didn't produce this problem. I have fortunately now resolved the problem.

> Thanks for responding.

How did you resolve it?

Further inspection of the controller board revealed an open circuit track not seen previously. Reinstating this cured it.