ABB AC450 for MASTERPIECE 200/260

J

JSTY2000

In our factory have 8 cpus Masterpiece 200/260 working with a MB200 comunications. Some people bring us a proposal to change our masterpiece cpus for 4 AC450 cpus with a MB300. They make the software.

We know there are newer ABB cpus and this AC450 is a quite older. This began when we were trying to change our ABB masterview 850 for a newer ABB system. We have some questions and want yours comments:

1. Is this proposal a valid opcion?
2. Is there a more realiable option?
3. When we change the current cpus for the AC450 the MB200 automatically pass to MB300?
4. How old are the AC450 cpus?

thanks for your attention.
best regards,
Jesus

Jesus,

This is a complex answer and too much for this forum. If you wish to discuss options to your questions, then leave your email address or write for information to sales @ workstationsexpress. com.

Thank you.

Jesus,

ABB now works with a new system, AC800M and AC800PEC, that has a lot of improvements and has a better development system and universal comunications like Ethernet, Profibus and OPC server. The problem is that you can't use the program that you have in the MP200 like AC450, so the engineering costs are normally higher than using AC450 even having a cheaper hardware.
I believe that if you have time, use a newer system and get all advantages using just a little more money.

Clayton

T

Thiago Mikail

Dear Sirs,

I´m also interested in such subject. We´re migration 3 old controllers MP200 to semi-old AC450, and the next step is to develop a new scada system. I´m looking for a reliable and pc-based solution... and low cost, if it´s possible!
What do I need to do? Buy just PC + board CI527 that will fit to all nodes?

Another doubt that I´ve is about it´s speed - how many ´tags´ can I have via OPC running in 1 or 2 seconds scan time?

Which do you consider the best Scada system to such solution? (Considering OPC for AF100 + 3000 tags + maintenability)

Thanks in advance!!!!
In time: I would strongly be glad if the answear is also via [email protected] or [email protected]

Jesus,

It is not difficult to upgrade a Masterpiece to a ac450. One important point here, you may have a Masterpiece S100 I/O rack. Do not get rid of the Masterpiece controller and connect this rack to 800m, using that controller.

Once this is done and you get rid of the Masterpiece controller, you lose connections to the MB300 bus forever. Then you cannot upgrade the HMI that is UNIX to our new powerful machines for a huge cost savings. You will be locked into 800 m with TCP/IP. Then if you want a HMI, and talk to the 800m, your only choice will be the ABB Microsoft system, which is full of headaches and very very expensive. Keep the s200 controller rack, and upgrade to ac450 with us, and then to high performance UNIX for an easy 10 more years. This savings is over a quarter million dollars.

Email off line for additional details to
[email protected]

Jesus,

If you want a rock solid advant solution to your questions, you need to go off forum and contact the folks at wwww.workstationsexpress.com for the best solution.