ABB AC800F DCS

A

Anonymous

Hi,
We got an ABB make AC800F DCS. I have some problems with this. The I/O Processor (CI830F) doesn't boot sometimes & all the subsequent I/O Modules attached to this I/O processor doesn't go into run mode.

But once I switch the entire DCS off & again switch them ON the I/O Processor does go into Run mode. Totally I have 5 (CI830F)I/O Processors connected to the main controller.Sometimes all the 5 go into run mode & sometimes 1 or 2 of them fail.

We did set all the paramters (i.e baud rate etc ) as per ABB specifications.

One more problem is setting the controller date & time. As per ABB , Freelance 2000 Version 7.1 should support setting of date & time via ethernet port , but we are not able to do this.

If any one has undergone any such problems & have been able to come up with some remedy then plz do help me.Any other advices are also welcome.

First try to download appropriate firmware to all PLCs. About the time protocol via ethernet-check main parameters of the PLC (if control builder is used of course) and choose CNCP protocol. Don't forget to add IP address of the time server PC (that will be used for SCADA system for example) or other controller. Another solution is to set the time to one PLC and then use standard library function for time sync.

P.S. Dont forget to install time sync. options when installing Control Builder Pro or such application!

My system is based to control gas treatment station. I entered the proportional band@rate time to the controller in configuration mode and saved it. After the system switched off and switched on again, I lost all of the entered parameters.

Thanks for helping me to resolve this problem.

First try to download appropriate firmware to all PLCs. About the time protocol via ethernet-check main parameters of the PLC (if control builder is used of course) and choose CNCP protocol. Don't forget to add IP address of the time server PC (that will be used for SCADA system for example) or other controller. Another solution is to set the time to one PLC and then use standard library function for time sync.

P.S. Dont forget to install time sync. options when installing Control Builder Pro or such application!
If time of controller is not correct, then what could be the possible error we could face.