ABB Advant Controller 400

• Thread starter Shyamal Kanti Ghosh
  • Start date
S

Shyamal Kanti Ghosh

Dear Experts,

I have a little ideas on Siemens PLCs and drives. But I have no idea on ABB PLCs. Now, some needs have arisen to work in ABB PLC AC 450 in the application of cold rolling mill. I want to learn step by step procedures to program AC 450, to understand the existing program, editing the existing program, if necessary, uploading and downloading the program from / to the PLC.

Please give me some ideas from where I can start and where I can get FAQs on the issue from where I can go through the problems faced by the users so far and its solutions.

Regards,
Shyamal

http://search.abb.com/library/Downl...LanguageCode=en&DocumentPartId=&Action=Launch <-- Remove any spaces from the link.

The AC450 controller is not a simple PLC. There are no off-line simulators. There are no third party applications. There are almost no third party system integrators. There are no free web sites to teach you how to program an AC450 in your spare time. So there are only 2 places you can learn these systems... Either at an ABB Training Course or On-Site on a real live system.

If you are an experienced Siemens S5 or S7 programmer then I think you will find it easy to understand the concepts behind AC450 - But there is no substitute for the ABB Training Courses. The course you want is A331. It is a 5 day hands on instructor led course and will give you enough knowledge to get you started.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz